Bella is a Maremma, Italian Sheep Dog. Leslie took Bella in September of 2008 at about 6 months of age. Her owner was sad he had to keep her in a kennel outside as he was not around much. Bella came to her new home timid of people and she was frightened of coming in the house for some time. (more…)
With a little Patience, you too can learn the ancient art of Cat Wrapping!
Juniper, Jax, and Mowgli are rescued feral kittens on Maui in Hawaii. We live next to a vast field of high grass that serves as a home for Axis deer and for stray cats in multitudes.
We catch the cats in a no-kill trap and have the local shelter come and pick them up. The younger the better as they have more chance of being adopted.
These lucky guys get to sticka round though. See how happy they are? Juniper and Jax are delighted with each other. Loving siblings.
Mowgli is just funny. This is what happens when you forget to water your cats quick enough, they try to explore the water bowl.
Amy Dawg has been a very big influence, far more than her size would tell.
There is so much to say about this amazing critter that only the Pet Forums can say it properly. Favorite memories of AmyDawgLee aka AmyWamy.
See you at the Rainbow Bridge Amy 🙂
Our hearts go out to you Jill.
October marks Flint River Ranch’s 19th anniversary!
In those years, Flint River Ranch has help set the industry’s standard for Super Premium pet foods; all-natural formulas made with human-quality ingredients without the addition of potentially harmful preservatives. Our use of superior ingredients, along with important quality controls and a dedicated oven-baking manufacturing process, produce the simple, healthy, all-natural gourmet canine and feline foods you trust.
While many things have changed in our industry, some good and some not-so-good, Flint River Ranch’s commitment to quality has never wavered. While some heavily-marketed brands still lack solid nutrition, many manufacturers have followed the natural trend and tried to improve their offerings. Since it’s expensive to manufacture an all-natural, quality pet food, some understandably took short-cuts. These short-cuts (like using cheaper ingredients) proved harmful to pets and resulted in the major pet food recalls we all remember and hope never happen again.
The stress, anger and heartache the recalls caused has damaged the entire industry and forced many customers to question what they were feeding to their beloved pets. Flint River Ranch continues to use high-quality and tested ingredients and has never been subject to or involved in a pet food recall or negative regulatory review. You and your pets appreciate the reason behind our success and safety: We have never used ingredients from China, even before Chinese-sourced ingredients came under scrutiny.
Flint River Ranch followed the general thoughts around Occam’s Razor; a line of reasoning that says, "The simplest is often the correct solution and a product must not be multiplied beyond necessity." Flint River Ranch still follows this general philosophy of keeping things simple.
Does a simple apple not satisfy your cravings more than a processed snack? Doesn’t a simple moment of enjoyment with your pet settle you more than sitting in front of the TV after a long day?
It’s the simple things in life that people take most for granted. We know we cannot beat other manufactures in their marketing hype and flashy bags; so we don’t even try. But we encourage you to study our ingredient lineup and compare it to some others who now claim a "limited ingredient" formula. We generally have fewer main ingredients than these other formulas because we believe in simple fundamentals: the finest ingredients; quality control testing; properly formulated and "old school" manufacturing (there are very few true oven-baked foods available). Marry these with one of the fastest home-delivery systems from our network of 11 logistical warehouses and we think we continue to have a winning recipe for your pet’s nutritional needs.
We have truly appreciated your support during the past 19 years and look forward to the next 19 and beyond. Our sincere thanks from the entire Flint River Ranch Team to our loyal customers and hardworking distributors! It is enriching to be involved in your lives, and we take our responsibility very seriously to make the best products we can for your pets.
1. After your humans give you a bath, DON’T LET THEM TOWEL DRY YOU!
Instead, run to their bed, jump up and dry yourself off on the sheets. This is especially good if it’s right before your human’s bedtime.
2. Act like a convicted criminal. When the humans come home, put your ears back, tail between your legs, chin down and act as if you have done something really bad. Then, watch as the humans frantically search the house for the damage they think you have caused. (Note: This only works when you have done absolutely nothing wrong.)
3. Let the humans teach you a brand new trick. Learn it perfectly. Then the humans try to demonstrate it to someone else, stare blankly back at the humans. Pretend you have no idea what they’re talking about.
4. Draw attention to the human. When out for a walk always pick the busiest, most visible spot to go ‘poo’. Take your time and make sure everyone watches. This works particularly well if your humans have forgotten to bring a plastic bag.
5. When out for a walk, alternate between choking and coughing every time a strange human walks by.
6. Make your own rules. Don’t always bring back the stick when playing fetch with the humans. Make them go and chase it once in a while.
7. Hide from your humans. When your humans come home, don’t greet them at the door. Instead, hide from them, and make them think something terrible has happened to you. (Don’t reappear until one of your humans is panic-stricken and close to tears).
8. When your human calls you to come back in, always take your time. Walk as slowly as possible back to the door.
MATING: Human mating behavior is fascinating. Unfortunately, humans tend to get easily spooked by prolonged study of courtship rituals, and resort to shoe-throwing behavior. (more…)
Mackensie is an American Mastiff
And this is Mrs. Daisy
They live in Roanoke Virginina
In 2010, Paper Cities Kennel Club held a raffle to earn enough money to purchase a ballistic protection vest for Kronenwetter’s “Canine Cop“, Chip.
Chip was part of the K-9 unit for the village of Kronenwetter.
ZackNo and The Maglet live together but have been separated because of Zack's surgery. He get's so excited around her that he could damage his sutures.
Jill we know you take such incredibly good care for your pups, he couldn't be in better hands. Look at him in his comfy shirt. What a sweetheart.
Although ZackNo has a few weeks to go, we know he and The Maglet will be best friends the moment they can really play, they probably already are 🙂
ZackNo came to live with mommy Jill in August. The Maglet is almost brand new! March 17th 2012 she came to live with Jill and Zackno!
Now you two keep your noses clean and have lots of fun! We're looking forward to tons of your antics and delights as the years go by. YEAH!